Monday, February 1, 2010

There's nothing that a glass of wine can't fix

I did it. I ran 6 miles today. I'm pretty sure I died.

Now that that's over. I'm pretty sure I'm certifiably crazy. While I was running my fifty-billion laps around my little park I made some very interesting friends. Okay, it's not like i actually talked to them, but I had plenty of conversations in my head. First, there was Sprinter guy. He was kind of a douche bag. He was run half a lap and pass me, thinking he was a bad ass and then puss out and start walking. I'm pretty sure I'm significantly superior. Then there was Weirdo-Toe-Shoe-Hippie. I think he ran maybe a mile (pansy), and he had these shoes that have toes on them and this odd beard that just didn't make sense. There was also "That Couple." Taking their little evening stroll, forgetting that there are other people that were running around. Lastly, as I was trying not to give up on the 3.5-4th mile and Old Lady with Two Yappy Dogs, who doesn't know how to control a combined 6 lbs, decides to take a 10 mile berth just to make me that much more irritated. It's not like 6 miles doesn't do that all on their own. So after I realized what I had been thinking for the past 50 minutes, I began to wonder if it's a good idea to run by myself...

But there is something good that came out of today. I hit a small milestone: I had a girls night and went to a new friend's (not one from the park) apt and watched the Bachelor (stop judging). I thing that, gasp, I might have made some friends. I've also started sitting by some different people during class and have been having a really good time with them. I'm feeling slightly less awkward every day.

I'm sorry everyone's day was just fine. I'm thinking that is definitely the consensus. I hope lax practice is going well, I'm sure you're a natural. And prom huh? I'm intrigued. Are you taking a partner's son?? Okay, that was low, I'm sorry. Oh, and just so you both know, I've officially decided that I don't want to do OB and I'm beginning to grow more and more terrified of being on the L&D rotation this coming Saturday.

All my love,
-S

P.S. I'll let you know how sore I am when it sets in.

No comments:

Post a Comment