Monday, February 8, 2010

Addendum

Cam, I read this to Erika, but because I find myself so funny I feel the need to share. I facebooked messaged Keith:

Dear Mr. Gee,

I want to like you, I truly do. But the thing is, I've been hearing some terrible, horrible, no good, very bad things. A little birdie told me that you are enjoying this whole "running thing." Buying new shoes, timing runs...unacceptable. I hope you're not planning on making this a habit. I have a fabulous track record of 3 (thats right 3!) failed attempts at sister-half marathons, and you're making my all-time record of 4 very, very challenging. I hope you take this information into serious consideration before carrying on (and not ever tell Erika--she can be kind of scary).

Sincerely,

Miss Keese

All jokes aside, I am really serious about this 1/2 marathon. But I want y'all to know, I cannot run a 9 minute mile. I can barely run a 10 minute mile. I don't expect you to run with me the entire time, but I'm not running 13 stupid miles all by myself. I'm begging you now, please don't leave me in the dust on the 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment