Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gonna have a "ball" this weekend!

I know I've been derelict in my blogging - sorry. I'm trying to work (and run) since I'm taking a day off to go to CO next week. Super excited about see you Cam! Sorry it's turned into a three ring goat rope - I don't know what else to say. But we are definitely go for Friday, come hell or high water or I just go by myself. Do you want to come to Frisco? Mr. I-will-take-over-the-trip-that-you -start-Gee said there are a lot of fun places to eat there... just a suggestion.

The posts here lately have really made me laugh out loud. I've read the last three over my morning coffee (before I pump out 6 hours of work) and I couldn't help but "ha ha". What a blessing to have sister like you two!

Today I'm going to run 8 miles with Mr. We-are-just-friends-Gee. Fine, whatever. And then tonight we are going to Lufkin Prom, together, I think. For those of you who don't know what "Lufkin Prom" is I will explain. It's actually Junior League Charity Ball. However, it's an excuse for people who are no longer old enough to go to prom to dress up and spend $250 per couple on what I hope to be a fan-freakin-tastic time. Though I have my reservations about tonight, I honestly do think it will be a "ball" - get it, Charity Ball. I know lame-0, but I couldn't resist.

Not only do I have a full Saturday, but Sunday Mom and Terre are coming into town to look at "my house". I'm hoping it meets Mom's approval. If it does...I'm gonna try to get the ball rolling and make an offer.

As always keep up the good work. Run harder and faster. And much love from Lufkin "stinkin" Texas.

PS - for those of you who read this and think that Lufkin "stinkin" Texas is a derogatory term - it's not. I actually think Lufkin is quite nice. Sometimes a bit inconvenient due to its remote location, but it's growing on me all the same. Think of the epithet as a term of endearment...

No comments:

Post a Comment