Monday, February 8, 2010

My 8 Miles sucked more than Eminem's

I did it, just barely, but I did it. In an astounding 1:27:25...that's just under an 11 min mile for anyone who can't skip count out there. I thought about blogging immediately after but some very mean/hateful thoughts were running through my head because the endorphins hadn't kicked in yet. To be honest, I'm not sure they have even now, but I had fun with some girl friends yelling at the TV to try to get through the dumb girls on The Bachelor.

But more about the run I've titled "The Saga." (Look up the definition, you'll appreciate it.) I lucked into having some great roommates and one let me borrow a ear-wrap-thinging. At first I was freezing and I was mad at the cold, wind, and wet. But then I went numb -- I think it was around mile 4 or 5, I can't remember. I could feel the sweat soaking through the long-sleeved t-shirt to the sweatshirt. The only thing that was cold now was my face and the frozen snot I kept scraping off. (Yes, that detail was necessary.) No other runners dared to come out today; only annoying people with little yappy dogs that refused to get their feet wet. Hello?! The entire city of Dallas is wet. Back to my run, I finally make it to 7.5 and start the 1/2 mile back to my apt. When I reach the gate, I realize my entire body hates me. I desperately make it up the stairs and I notice Cass down below walking the dog (we're dog sitting for Chelsey). She asks me how the run was, and I breath out "I didn't die," and I see this thick cloud come out of my mouth. I had no freaking clue it was that cold. In fact, I can't feel a thing. I go inside to hop...okay waddle, into the shower and peel away my sweaty clothes. My legs are bright red and my skin is ice cold. The End.

I know, great story. But my point is, I have no clue how you do it Cam. It was around 35, 40 degrees. Not even almost CO cold...I guess you and Matt shouldn't worry about buying me that place in Pagosa Springs anymore. Anyways, still not really liking school. I've done pretty well on one test and not so hot on another; one more to go at the end of the week. I really appreciate all of y'all's support. Couldn't have made it tonight without you.

Love from the big D,
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment